Sketch to Reality!
The Qwerkywriter, as cliche as it may sound, started out as a simple sketch on a piece of paper. I imagined it to be a beautiful writing instrument that captures my passion for the arts and technology. However there was little chance that this dream would ever come true knowing how little resource I had.
So I took my idea to Kickstarter and it gave me the opportunity to make Qwerkywriter a reality. After many months of design and development, we have our very first Qwerkywriter!
Production prototype is a device that's been vetted to manufacturer's specification and is ready to be mass produced. (Red keys will be there for our final version and all screws will be matt black.)
The completion of the Qwerkywriter production prototype is truly our biggest milestone yet.
We will be posting the latest specifications for the Qwerkywriter with each update. Please review them carefully.
- Bluetooth Connectivity - Compatible with most Bluetooth enabled devices including MacOS, WIndows, iOS, Android operating systems
- All Metal Construction including Frame, Body, Stand, and Return Bar
- 83/84 Tactile "Clicky" Mechanical Switch
- Integrated Tablet Stand - Supports most tablets up to 10 inches
- Typewriter Inspired Vintage Keycaps
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion via micro USB. Fully charged in 2 to 3 hours. Estimated battery life is 2 to 3 months on a single charge. Lithium battery is replaceable via battery panel below as necessary.
- Return Bar functions as an alternate ENTER Key